Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What a day..

I woke up today with a huge amount of anxiety... I went back to work for the first time in 5 months! It hasn't seemed like 5 months has passed but it has. The last time I was at work was the first week of the first semester this year. It is now the 2nd week of the 2nd semester. Work went well, I showed up in homeroom to work with "my kid". Did his morning activities with him, told him I was back for the semester. Only to find out... I wasn't. I was switched back to my "first kid" a boy I started working with in 2010. So although I was a bit disappointed on the way I found out. I am glad for the fact I am back with my first kid.

It was a fairly easy day as far as work goes. A lot of hellos and how are we doing. It was nice. We watched movies/documentaries in several classes. That was nice. However, my body realized its not used to full days and sleeping during documentaries by staff members is frowned upon. I am thoroughly exhausted.

However, it isn't just work lately that has me emotional. This week in January will forever be emotional for me. January 18, my life began changing 2 years ago. This day 2 years ago I was at home with my girl with what I thought was mono. The next day we heard the words leukemia. Although her actual diagnosis was not until Jan 24 because we had to get it confirmed by the dr.s at Childrens.

Its amazing to think what the last two years has brought to my life. Some good some bad. Some days I am angry, others I am just thankful for the opportunities given to us and the fact I have my girl. I hope that 1 year from now I will be able to update shes been off treatment for 7 months and that she is cancer free and doing amazing still! 4 more months of chemo and we are DONE!!  I cannot wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment