Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blessings In Disguise (flashback)

I know most people would say cancer is the worst thing that ever happened to them. It can be. It absolutely sucks and turns your life upside down. Most people say what is the hardest part. I guess at the beginning it was choosing which kid I was going to be with and most often times it was my daughter because she is who needed me the most.
From the beginning I let my family and friends know what was going on. It was not a secret to me. It was our lives and people were going to wonder why the heck we dropped off the face of the planet. That is just not me. Cancer taught me a lot of true friends and family. 
Local friends here gathered together and arranged for a cleaning crew to come into my house and clean it for my daughter's homecoming. Such a blessing! Thank you all even if I have tried and never managed to send out Thank You cards all year. Does this count?  
On top of that they all purchased in Ipad for my daughter to help her have some sort of entertainment in the hospital seriously amazing friends. This does not count the countless gifts of Pjs, games, activities, and hats from people. Some gave us gift cards to food places which btw LOOVED because when you are on the go its nice to know you don't have to cook. One great friend pretty much let my son become part of her family for what was probably months with no payment needed and a smile on her face each time. Thank you for this Brenda, seriously I feel like I will be forever in debt to you but I know you do not expect repayment.
Even more amazing people I have known online some several years like since my daughter was an infant, others who I had never met were sending Get Well cards, presents for BOTH of my children.Some even threw in some bonuses for mom. All I saw was an out pour of love. What should have been the hardest part of our lives was really becoming a wonderful experience (well as wonderful as cancer can be).
One thing that was very difficult was the fact I had to take 3 months off work unpaid because I was still not considered permanent and this was the only leave available for me. My sister immediately had set up a fund for people to donate money to my family. People I had met once were donating pretty large sums of money. I never understood why? In the end it was because God made sure we were provided for as he always does. God has been on our side since day 1. God did not give us this cancer as a punishment God gave us our blessings to help us get through this.
I HATE Cancer and the fact it has turned our lives upside down. I LOVE that it has shown us who we were meant to be. Thank you all who have been part of this past 13 months and helped us get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment