Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Club I Never Wanted To Be Part Of

You know all those cool kids from high school, the ones you were always jealous of. They were part of all the clubs. Well now as an adult I am finally part of a club. One I never dreamt I would be part of nor did I ever desire to be part of. This club is called Cancer Moms. Guess what? It sucks.

Even though my kid has a "good" kind of cancer. Yeah, I admit as statistics go my kid has a wonderful chance of getting over this and never dealing with it again. However, I have made many friends, some in real life, others on Facebook. They are some of the best friends a girl could have. I can talk to them about things I can't always talk about with my friends who aren't going through the same thing.

That being said there are so many emotions along this road. I am so sad for them. My heart breaks when they get bad news just as it is overwhelmed with happiness when they get good news. There is guilt when they lose a child or their child relapses. Why do I get to keep my wonderful child while they lose their amazing angels. It isn't fair and I don't know why some are chosen and some are not.

What I do know is there is not nearly enough funding for these cancers. That our children are fed so many poisons that once one cancer is cured they have a chance of getting another. I hope that one day the cure for cancer is found and that it is not so poisonous to our children!

Today my heart is heavy as I remember an angel we lost last month RJ. Carter a warrior fighting for his life who was given bad news today. It is also filled with hope and sadness at the same time for Piper's family, Piper is trying treatment for her 2nd relapse of Leukemia. No 2 year old should have to fight Leukemia 3 times. All of these children are under the age of 4! Babies just fighting for the chance to grow up. It is really not fair.

I count my blessings nightly, these stories help me keep my life in perspective. They make me realized how lucky we really are even when given the battle we are given. Please hug your children tightly and realize we are not guaranteed a tomorrow. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment