Monday, March 19, 2012

Kicking Butt!!

Kin went to chemo today, good news was counts were high enough to do it. They are still leaving her on a smaller dose and in 2 weeks we follow up with blood work at our local place. That makes it easy sucks to drive an hour and half one way for labs. In 10 days my sister will be in town. In twelve days my family becomes a true family. It seemed as this was never going to happen. Like there was setback after setback but we have made it through each and everyone, stronger and more united than ever.

Friday we threw a party for my son. Thanks to my wonderful neighbor and friend Cathy for making all the decorations and even the cupcakes. She made the best Angry Birds party EVER! It was a crazy week as it was all planned in 7 days. The neighbor kids all came over and ended up having a huge slumber party. Can't believe my baby is going to be nine in 1 week. It gets me a bit teary at times, but I realize how blessed I am to have another birthday with him and that sadness goes away fairly quickly.

Kin is kickin cancer butt and we are just enjoying what life has given us. It is easier when you wake up each day thankful for what you have rather than wishing for what you don't. Believe me life is hard but its harder when your attitude is poor. It gets better if you help it get better. The lord does answer prayers and he will be there when you need someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment